There is a cemetery on a farm owned by a family member and they desired to add a place in it for relatives that have been cremated. I made a bronze box for this and my brother built it into the surrounding stone wall.
I had done some aluminum casting with temporary setups and made a furnace for my brother but needed to make a furnace for myself. The columbarium project came along and forced it to happen sooner rather than later. It also forced me to make the furnace a pretty decent size and able to survive bronze casting temperatures.
I had an aluminum test casting from the columbarium project as well as a pattern with a family name so I decided to make some plaques.